Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Praying Through Difficulties

1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Do you tell people that you’re praying for them? When you tell them, do they show visible signs of gratitude?

Paul wrote to the church of the Thessalonians, “We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.” (1 Thessalonians 1:2)

Doesn’t it feel good to know someone is praying for you? I love having friends who know God and aren’t afraid to go to Him with my name on their lips.

I take God’s word seriously and try to do what is good for everyone. That includes having a positive and joyful attitude instead of bringing everyone down with an atrociously dismal attitude. Doing what is good and praying for others affects my relationships. Sometimes I tell people I’ve prayed for them and sometimes I just pray.

I don’t write all of my prayers, but I do try to write in my journal every day. In the morning, the first thing I do is read a Bible verse and write in my morning prayer journal. It helps me focus on what I should be thinking about that day. Writing my prayer in the morning helps me put God first and listen for His guidance.

When I need to review how much I’ve improved as I’ve struggled on my journey, I can go back to my journal entries and read through my prayers and my gratitude. I can read the highlights of what I’ve done and how God has shaped me.

At the end of the year, wouldn’t you like to review the story of your life? It will be an amazing one!

If you don’t have a journal already, here’s a prayer journal that you can use for 100 days.  

No comments: