Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

When You Need Peace

Psalm 29:11

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Having raised two darling children of my own, I know what it is like to need peace.

Many people are stressed from trying very hard to be everything everyone else wants them to be. I tried to be a great mom, wife, friend, sister, and daughter while I was raising my children. It’s good to be your best every day. However, I found out that I couldn’t be everywhere at the same time. I couldn’t accept all of the invitations to do things with and for people.

I needed peace.

When I see other people getting stressed over their work situations or dealing with family issues, I know what those people need is the same thing I need. The world gets crazy sometimes. We need a place to go where there is no chaos.

Where is your place of rest?

Psalm 29 1-11 is a great place to go to get away from it all. This chapter is where I can read about the power of God’s voice. The authority and energy in the voice of the Lord breaks the cedars and twists the oaks. The strength of the powerful voice of God shakes the desert and thunders over the mighty waters. I read in these verses that the voice of God makes all other powers impotent.

In addition, I can read about Jesus calming the storm in Mark 4:35-41. In verse 39, we read, “He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.” This tells me that because God is for me and not against me, he uses his powerful voice to quiet the storm inside me. He stills the waves that distract me from his love.

When I need strength to go on, I can run to God who is all-powerful. 

When I need peace, I can go to God who speaks peace to my chaos. It is this great and majestic God who gives strength to his people and blesses his people with peace.

This God of strength and peace is my place of rest.

I go to God to find my happy place.

He is there for you too!

No comments: