Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Close Your Mouth

Romans 7:15-18
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Doesn’t that verse sum up our feelings about trying to do what is right. This world we live in has so many temptations to sin. So many. We have to be on our guard all the time to train ourselves to say no to doing the wrong thing. We have to develop a stubbornness about doing the right thing. But even when we want to do the right thing, we end up doing the wrong thing because we are weak.

Super Bowl Sunday is a day known for parties. People gather around the TV and snack on fattening foods for a few hours. Many of those people have departed from their January resolution to lose weight. They don’t want to overeat, but they do it anyway. Discipline needs a little help sometimes. I tried to limit my food intake that day, but after the game was over, I found a weakness for the carrot cake my husband offered me. I didn’t need it, but I ate it. It was delicious.

One thing I can always count on is the mercy and forgiveness of God. His love is stronger than my ability to be tempted. It always has been and always will be. All I have to do is stay connected to Him. He is willing to strengthen me, if I am willing to run to Him. The bond I develop with Him helps me destroy the power of temptation. But if I stop seeking God, it’s so much easier for temptation to get the better of me.

My plan is to continue to seek God and continue to develop my relationship with Him. Won’t you join me?

No comments: