Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Mercy and Healing

Genesis 20:16-18
To Sarah he said, "I am giving your brother a thousand shekels of silver. This is to cover the offense against you before all who are with you; you are completely vindicated." Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife and his slave girls so they could have children again, for the LORD had closed up every womb in Abimelech's household because of Abraham's wife Sarah.

There are those to whom pregnancy comes easy. And then there are those who pray for a child. Those who are praying God would open their womb and help them conceive a child can read about Sarah and Hannah. God gives us examples of women who stubbornly loved God and stubbornly asked Him for help with a pregnancy.

I know children are a blessing. They’re a lot of work, but they’re also a blessing.

Some women find it unfair that those who don’t want kids get pregnant easily. And those who want kids, but can’t have any, must learn to not take offense when someone else gets pregnant.

As much as God loves the sound of children’s laughter, He also cherishes the hearts of the adults. No person is more important than another, regardless of age or even child-related cuteness.

God wants each of us to notice and accept Him. Even if we don’t get everything we want. We are to follow God’s guidance because His plan is better than ours.

In Genesis, God had to deal with the hearts of Abraham, Sarah, Abimelech, his wife, and his slave girls before the issue of child-bearing could be corrected.

My kids are old enough to take on a little more responsibility now. I give them tasks and expect them to obey. God does that with me, only I’m just as imperfect as my kids. Should I expect my kids to obey me to the letter when I don’t follow God perfectly?

Because our kids are a blessing, we should recognize that we’re here to be that kind of a blessing to our Heavenly Father. Because he gives us mercy, we should pay it forward to our kids.

Thank You, God, for healing us and showing us mercy.

4 comments:

Lady Claudette said...

What a truth-filled post! :)
I like how you reminded us that all people, regardless of age, are precious in God's sight - even adults!
Keep writing :)

Domino said...

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Have a great week.

Leslie said...

Wonderful post! I have 2 children plus one born to Heaven. I always wanted 3 kids and have felt anger when someone I didn't think was fit to be a parent was pregnant yet again. Since miscarrying almost a year ago, I have realized so much more what a blessing my 2 boys are. They are 12 and 14 now...definitely not babies anymore. I have learned to appreciate them no matter what their age.

Blessings, Leslie

Domino said...

Thanks for your comment.

God gives us all kinds of gifts. While I was pregnant, I didn't know what kind of a little person I was going to be responsible for. But no matter what, they always warm a mother's heart. Don't they?

God bless you and your family.