Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Shepherd and Provider

Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

If the Lord is my shepherd and I am his sheep, I can eat the sweet green grass even if a wolf is standing there watching. I know I’m protected.

As a child of the Almighty Father, I see this verse as a description of God as my provider. I will always have access to abundance because my Father created the universe. He’s not running out of anything.

Eating in the presence of enemies is a picture of protected triumph. Being anointed with oil is associated with power from God. Overflow is abundance.

Protected triumph, power from God, and abundance all show me parts of what God wants in my relationship with him. He wants me to walk confidently with him, aware of his protection. He wants me to walk boldly with him, knowing I can do anything he asks of me – even if it takes his power to complete it. He wants me to walk in generosity with him, knowing I have plenty to give – even if it comes out of his pocket.

I love reading this verse because of the encouragement I get from it. I hope you’re encouraged too.

No comments: