Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Give Me Understanding

Psalm 119:73
Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

I’m thinking about food this month on my other blog, Blogging Domino. Cooking is a great way to escape the stresses of the day and relax with the aroma of warm bread or grilling meat. Practicing your culinary skills can be an outlet for your creativity as well.

One thing I’ve noticed through the years at family gatherings or at friends’ homes is that people are different in the way they approach cooking. Some use precise measurements. Others can look at a handful of cornstarch and know exactly how much they’re putting into the mixture.

My husband is the kind of cook who goes by the recipe. However, I don’t like to be bound by the limitations of the cook book. I add something each time to make it a little different than the last time I made the recipe. My niece has encouraged me with kind words about my salads. It’s rare that I ever make the same exact salad twice.

I think God gave me my ability to enjoy an incredible variety of things. But God made my son too. He’s a creative young man, but a very picky eater.

God creates people so that there is an enormous variety on Earth. No two people in my large extended family like exactly the same things.

That’s why I go to God so often. He made me and knows how I think. If I have questions about something, God would have the answer faster than any of my family or friends. God can give me understanding when I’m confused.

When you taste a soup that isn’t like any other soup you’ve tasted, you can go to the chef who made it and ask what’s in it. When you have a question about people, go to God. He’s the one who cooked up the original recipe and can tell you what’s in it.

No comments: