Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Reasons To Seek God, part one

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I should’ve changed the title of this series to “Reasons For God To Put His Arm Around You.”

God wants to be close to us. If God were to put his arm around each of us individually, one of the things he’d do is guide us.

I’m reminded of the time my husband and my brother went Christmas shopping with me. We entered a jam-packed mall whose stores beckoned me. I tried to look in the front windows to see the very cool gift ideas and big red sale signs, but I had to be quick about it. My brother was on one side of me and my husband on the other side of me as they walked me down the center of the mall’s main hallway. Both had a hand on me because I wasn’t looking ahead, but kept my head glancing side to side as stores passed more speedily than I’d wished.

As a Christian, I think God guides us like that. His determination to get us where he wants us means he has to pull us along with his arm around us. Although we’re willing to go where he leads, we aren’t always aware of what’s ahead. We just know what we’re passing at the moment.

If we keep walking with God, he can speed us past the temptations that aren’t worth our browsing. If we stop at a sale that God isn’t interested in, we may miss the really important stuff he wants us to see.

Take the time this season to walk with God. And let him guide you.

No comments: