Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Don't Forget His Teaching

Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.

We all like to hear about God prospering us, but like the prodigal son, we leave our current prosperity to find out that we’re nothing on our own.

God commands us to obey so that we will have what he provides. Since he only gives good gifts, it is the fool who abandons God. Why do we think our own way is better than God’s?

God wants us to know him. He provides for us everything we need, and he teaches us to enjoy it. But I’m simply amazed at how often I’ve ignored what God has said.

I’m not angry and rebellious, maybe just neglectful at times. God understands and extends his hand to me when I’ve obeyed and when I haven’t. He is merciful – without a doubt, but I’ve had to endure consequences of my actions and inactions.

If only I could obey God at ALL times. His commands will prolong my life indeed. And bring prosperity in many areas.

Thank you, God.

No comments: