Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Benefits of Believing



John 3:12

I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

If Bobby said to Billy in the heat of summer, “I have some ice cream in my car. You can have it.” Billy has to decide whether he trusts Bobby. If Bobby is a stranger, he might not believe him. If Bobby has deceived him before, Billy probably won’t believe him. If Bobby is a friend, but Billy knows the car has been in the hot sun for an hour, he might not believe him. If Billy’s mother said there was some ice cream in the car, Billy might run to the car in expectation of finding it.

Why? Because he believes her.

The above verse from John 3 reminds us that we have to trust the messenger before we believe spiritual things. Jesus taught about spiritual things in parables, which were pictures of natural, earthly things. Those who trusted Jesus enough to take action on it received more than just earthly wisdom. They received spiritual blessings.

Do you have the wisdom to believe simple things?

I have a kitchen chair that supports my weight every time I sit in it. I’ve had decades of experience with that chair. I don’t have to worry about crashing to the floor when I need to sit. I trust that chair.

God blesses his kids with the comfort of  knowing we are his. I know I’ll be with God forever because he said he’ll never abandon me. I don’t have to worry. I trust that truth.

The chair and God’s truth are similar enough to make a point about trust. But they’re different in that the chair can be demolished and God’s word cannot. Knowing the similarities and differences help to etch the truth deeper inside me. Why? Because I’m building on the truth I already trust.

If you look at your history, you might find a path from spiritual blessings backward to the earthly truths that laid the foundation for your belief.

Will that help you make forward progress? I hope so. Thanks for seeking God with me.


No comments: