Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Summer Reading, part one


Summer is the perfect time for a personal Bible study. I'm going to read the Psalms all summer long. I can take my time and wander through the sweet words as if I’m in Willie Wonka’s chocolate factory.

I love reading the first five Psalms. There is so much good stuff to squeeze out of the verses. When I’m disgusted with myself for my laziness, and I want to give myself a good talking to, I can read Psalm 1. It helps me get back on the right track. “My delight is in the law of the Lord. I meditate on it day and night,” I tell myself. Verse three fills me with the refreshing feeling of drinking cold water. It makes me want to linger and re-read until I’ve finished refueling for the moment.

Psalm 4:8 is where I turn when I can’t sleep.
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
I also love to re-read Psalm 5:11-12. Those verses gave me confidence when I used to go job hunting. When I worked in a law firm, I felt quite sure God had surrounded me with his favor “as with a shield”. So many things pointed to God’s favor during that time.

What are your favorite verses in these Psalms?

Come back for part two on June 8. I’ll comment on Psalms 6-12 then.

No comments: