Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Being Teachable

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
I can learn to speak and write well, but if I have nothing to say, my expert skill means nothing. In 1 Corinthians 13:1, we read about a gong, clanging cymbal, or otherwise annoying sound being the same as anyone trying to be heard, but not trying to be loving in the midst of it. But don’t worry. God wants to teach us.

God gives His children many opportunities to receive His guidance. He gives us the gift of His Spirit. He is with us to teach us. If we can step out of our arrogant ways and learn to listen to Him, we’ll find our message to others will become more meaningful and better understood.

Jeremiah 15:19 Therefore this is what the LORD says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.”

Receiving correction from God is a necessary step for our success. He can give us worthy words for our messages to others. We must have the attitude that when we’re obedient to God, we can change the world. Looking to the world for ways to change is not the pathway to success. We must not turn to them for instruction because God’s instruction is righteous, holy, and full of goodness. God’s words are wisdom to us.

No matter how smart we think we are, being teachable is the first step down the pathway that will change the world.

No comments: