Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Know Your Power Source

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”


John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.”


John 12:49-50
For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.

John 14:10
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.


Jesus only said what his Father said and did what his Father did. How many of us can say that?

I think our problems are based on our inability to focus on our relationship with God. We can focus on games or TV shows or work, but focusing on God seems to be a problem for many people.

My husband has a laptop computer that he uses while it’s plugged into the wall socket. He also can unplug it and use the computer while it’s running on battery power. However, the batteries run down and don’t last very long. The computer must be hooked up to an energy source for it to work.

What’s our power source?

God is our life, our breath, our source. An intimate relationship with God fills us with Him, His presence, His power. Our intimacy with God is where we begin finding answers.

If we unplug from Him, we will drain our battery and stop working. Nothing runs smoothly with an energy drain.

Our successes will come when we plug into God to see what He’s doing and saying.

No comments: