Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Determined To Obey

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

My children have normal attitudes. I’ve heard my fair share of “I don’t want to” when I ask them to do a chore. I usually respond, “You don’t have to want to do it, but you do have to do it.” Lots of adults pay taxes they don’t want to pay. To be honest, I don’t really want to cook and clean. But if I don’t do it, who’s going to?

Jesus wasn’t looking forward to the crucifixion he knew was ahead of him, but he knew no one else could do his job for him. His obedience wasn’t just for him. It was for us too.

In our relationship with God, there will be things we’ll have to learn to do even if we don’t want to do it at first. Some people have a hard time praying for their enemies. Some don’t like giving away part of their income. We have to remember that if God asked us to do it, we should be determined to do it.

If we focus on the fact that it is God’s will, and God knows what he’s doing, then we can get our faith stirred up enough to go against our own will - and obey God.

You never know how someone else will be affected by our obedience to God.

No comments: