Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

The Fear Of The Lord, part eight

Psalm 86:11
Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

I think I understand what a divided heart is.

There is room in my heart for only one God. The Almighty God, Creator of the universe, is the highest authority. He alone is God. But many times we humans want to be God. We know what God wants us to do, but we want to choose our own path. We make our own decisions without his guidance.

A divided heart has trouble focusing on the path because there are two options. His way and our way. Since we don’t know what the future holds, we often make choices that lead us to disappointment and despair.

An undivided heart makes one choice and sticks to it. Trusting God to show us the right path when we can see only two steps in front of us is sometimes scary. But an undivided heart will be focused on God’s path. Faith tells us to follow God even if we can’t see the path.

When we look back on our journey and see where God has led us, everything seems to make sense. We respect God more when we see how trusting him always works out for the best. He proves his word is true and his path is right, but we must give him the chance.

Yes, Lord, teach me your way.

No comments: